The Gullah culture is very rich and interesting and is in fact one of the oldest in existence in the United States.
Widely recognized as one of the most family-friendly places to vacation in the world, Hilton Head Island offers an endless appeal to those who are interested in enjoying pristine nature. There are plenty of activities to indulge in while on Hilton Head Vacation and let’s have a look at some of the most preferred things to do:
Hilton Head Island may only be 12 miles long by 5 miles wide but it has almost everything to keep you entertained while you are on this Island.
• Harbour Town Golf Links was devised by notable course designers Pete Dye and Jack Nicklau. It has beautiful views of the ocean and surrounding marshland and allows the guests to indulge in a heartful game of golf.
• The island’s most popular beach, Coligny is a loved choice for visitors and locals alike. Take a break from the blistering Carolina heat here at the beachside bars of Coligny. It brings out a tropical getaway feeling.
• Mitchelville Freedom Park is a gorgeous outdoor space which was built in 2005. It is an important part of the Gullah Heritage Trail and holds a significant part of African American history.
• The Jazz Corner, which is basically the juke point of the old days, is a unique local club and restaurant that buzzes the spirit of jazz while serving gourmet Southern cuisine.
• The Sea Pines Forest Preserve is unique to the landscape of Hilton Head Island. This is a protected wildlife area which offers activities such as walking trails, marshland boardwalks, fishing opportunities and more. It is definitely one of the top places to visit in Hilton Head Vacation.
• Now referred to as Gullah Geeche culture, the Heritage trail is a blending of African American customs and lifestyles. This is the most credible way to learn more about the heritage, and have the Gullah experience.
Get in touch with tour guides from gullaheritage by an appointment over http://gullaheritage.com. Know more about the tradition and culture of the Hilton Head Island and how it holds on to its indigenous culture.